Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Last Day

Today is my last day at work. I have been planning this since August when I heard that the account I was working in had to pull out when they were swallowed up by a bigger institution. It's too bad since I was starting to like it and I knew almost every nook and cranny in their process. Alas, all good things must come to and end. I do not regret staying here for as long as I have but I felt I am no longer needed here and I need to do something new. 

I have met a lot of interesting characters and I surely hope I have made a name for myself here. Beyond the courtesy and social niceties, I decided to leave abruptly to avoid any regrets on my choice of leaving. Taking into account the cost-cutting measures and the egos I have encountered have added a stronger affirmation of the urge to leave and start anew in a different field of discipline. 

I understood the risks and I plan for the long-term and have a recovery plan in case it doesn't work. If this doesn't work out I may have to succumb back to my origins and try again. Nevertheless, I am in the pursuit of passion and when was the last time that the romance of pursuing a passion been a disappointment?

Off to a new adventure is both exciting and unnerving but that's why it is called a leap of faith.


No comments: