Saturday, August 09, 2008

A Secret Thought To A Secret World

I've been very bored the past week or so. I feel very lethargic. Every time I wake up for work, torpor seeps to the day that just begun and I always wish it would just end.

I wake up and feel that I don't know anyone & I feel like a different person. It's like I don't know myself. Which reminds me I plan on getting my first skin ink this September. Something to remember the big 3-0. A Greek saying that translates to

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ



It's true, I don't know how to be myself. I don't even know anyone anymore. Maybe I should keep to myself again & watch what everyone is doing.

I made arrangements with a co-worker to get me a copy of Peter Gabriel's Secret World live album. I'm not necessarily a big fan of live albums but then I ate my own words.

When I heard the music and the words, it felt like something stirred. I felt better for some reason. I always thought that I'd be torporic for the longest time yet now I have something to look forward to, at least for the meantime.

I'd highly recommend the album. It's a big hit in my book. Usually when I hear a live album it feels a bit detached yet this one feels like I am part of it. I watched the concert on youtube & you'd be surprised that these songs include simple choreography that looks fun to do!

I remember I attended some sort of praise concert once back in high school. I was always willing to try something new with my old highschool friends. It was a religious high for me. Speaking in tongues can be a good thing to do when you are unable to express your raw emotions. I'm guessing Ursula Dudziak felt great when she sang songs in the scat jazz format.

I checked some of the Secret World videos and you won't feel detached from a third person perspective. I felt like I was part of the music. Look up Shaking The Tree in youtube, it's absolutely awesome!

I always liked Solsbury Hill when I first heard it in Rockstar: Supernova. The part where Toby Rand bopped the bongos during the song was amazing!

I said it once and i'll say it again. I don't easily impress but watching the Secret World concert was impressive to say the least.

It was inspiring & makes the world a bit brighter despite the way everything seems to crumble around you.

I miss that feeling, I wish you could bring it back at will then maybe life would be a bit more bearable.

No comments: